Angela Malicki, Philadelphia Beauty Blogger and creator of Beauty Unpacked, has revealed her must-have beauty products during this corona lockdown.
I’ve been on this long vacation like the rest of the world where I stay home and do the same thing everyday. Finding projects to do has been an easy task, organizing every drawer in the house, re-doing the closets and cleaning like crazy. Being on this corona lockdown, these beauty products have been my go-to and I’ve purchased them a couple times.
During my corona lockdown clean up I’ve managed to toss old clothes and find pieces I haven’t seen in years. It’s like I have a new wardrobe and I was able to shop online via my personal stylist with Nordstrom and complete my looks. Many retailers have been dropping prices and I’ve been scoring on those pieces that I wanted.
During my second week of my much needed “vacation”, my nails were growing out and my paler than life skin desprately needed a tan .Thank goodness for self-tanner and the variety of “press-on” nails from the drugstore.
Self tanning can look scary if not applied correctly. Exfoliation and hydration is important along with application. I’ve been using St. Tropez for years and I had to try the extra dark mousse formula. It gave me a beautiful bronze look, very similar to my tan while in Greece.
These 10 corona-cation beauty products have been my staple must-haves keeping me looking my best. I self tan once a week, Vital Proteins daily in my decaf coffee along with my HUM nutrition gummies . These are my must-have items for surviving this corona-cation and has kept me feeling myself.
10 Beauty Products to Survive the Corona-cation without looking like you’ve been on a deserted island.
1. St. Tropez Extra Dark Self- Tanning Mousse $44.00 – This easy to apply mousse in a bronze tone delivers the perfect color after 1 use. Best when applied with a mitt for a streak-free look. After the second application you look like a bronze babe back from St. Tropez.
2. Moroccanoil Body Polishing Scrub $39.00 I love the smell of this scrub! I helps removed dead skin cells while hydrating with 6 oils. This is perfect before self-tanning.
3. KISS Nails $8.00-12.00 – These have been my favorite so far in my beauty routine. They last for about 12 days. You adhere them with the nail glue or nail strips provided along with the extra nails. Make sure there are no air bubbles for a longer wear. You can shower with them and they do not come off. I’ve been changing mine ofter as I like a different nail look.
4. HUM Nutrition Glow Sweet vegan gummies skin hydration $25.00 – My daily supplement that helps promote glow and hydration. I’ve been taking these for a while and noticed my skin more hydrated and glowing. I highly recommend them in addition to your multi-vitamin.
5. Olaplex No.6 Leave-in reparative creme $28.00 – I love how my hair looks after one use of this leave-in repairing cream. You can also use it as a finishing product for fly-aways and frizz. Works well with your hair routine or the other Olaplex hair system.
6. Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides $25.00 – My daily probiotic that I put in my decaf. This product helps support healthy hair, skin, nails and bone health. It’s unflavored so you can put t in any beverage.
7. Charlotte Tilbury Magic concealer $32.00- Like many professionals, Zoom calls have been a way of communication. Looking awake during these calls without effort is the goal. This natural looking full coverage concealer can be applied with the sponge applicator or your fingers.
8. Beauty Bio GloPro $199.00- My go-to beauty tool for skin plumping and collagen building. I have seen great results with this tool that I purchased the body attachment. Use this daily for better results and your skincare penetrates deeper. Can’t wait to try their new cryo attachment! Read about my top anti-aging beauty tools here for more inspo.
9. Guerlain Abeille Royale Anti-Aging Youth Watery Oil $135.00 – I loved how light-weight this watery oil feels on my skin. Before I self-tan I apply this first keeping my skin hydrating and dewy. The bottle is a nice size and will last for at least 6 months.
10. L’Oreal Root Touch-up Hair color – $9.99-I have never colored my own hair and so this was a first. This could turn 0ut like a nightmare or look good. Thankfully it turned out great! In just 10 minutes my gray hairs were gone and it lasted for a couple weeks. I recommend it to anyone that wants a quick rot touch up.
Hope we end this “corona vacation” soon, I have a real vacation to get to, that’s life. Let me know how you like these beauty products and if there is something you’d like for me to feature.
Thanks for reading my blog, xo, Ang