Traveling light is my passion that I’ve mastered, including packing my carry-on suitcase down to a science. That also applies to my beauty products and other toiletries. We overpack as a security blanket to the point of anxiety. I get excited for any upcoming trip, whether locally or internationally,traveling light and creating my outfit color story will help determine my looks in advance.
“Plan your make-up out in advance when traveling light.
Lay out all items that you use on a daily basis and simplify them, this will eliminate any extra weight in your bag or carry-on”. – Angela malicki, creator of beauty unpacked
From personal experience overpacking make-up and toiletries added weight in my bag where I ended up checking it in and paying those heavy fees. A few examples of overpacking are,
Take 2 lipsticks not 4
Using multi-purpose products
Consolidate larger liquids in smaller containers
My go-to organizational brand
One of my MUST HAVE organizational make up kits is by Trish McEvoy. I own several of her planners that keep my make up and skincare streamlined and ORGANIZED. She created her planner system from personal experience while traveling. Genius right!
Trish McEvoy has several sized planners that fit in any tote or should bag. Her make up is simple with minimal packaging, making packing easy. All her shadows, bronzers and blushes are customizable that fit perfectly on her magnetic pages. I packed mine for years while traveling and it made things easy going through airports.
My 10 must have beauty items when traveling
1. NARS Matte concealer -This great multi-purpose concealer that can be used on the face when sheered out or layered more as a full coverage .
2. Anastasia Beverly Hill Brow WIZ + Lancôme Sourcils Styler – This combo I use on the daily. Since growing my brows with the help of NeuBrow, it’s been easier filling them in looking natural. The Lancôme brow gel hold your hairs in place and helps them look fuller.
3. Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Flawless Filter – I do not wear foundation where I focus on good skin. This product has a beautiful glow delivering a soft tone to the skin. I love the doe foot brush for quick application. Can be used alone or with your favorite foundation.
4. Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Contour Wand and Hollywood Beauty Light Wand Highlighter – Another combo that gives your skin the perfect glow with ease. The contour wand is a gel based bronzer that blends to your skin beautifully giving your the perfect tone. I love this mega-watt highlighter is it can be used on your face and body.
5. Lilly Lashes in PARIS – As a lash lover, these wispy lashes can be worn up to 25 times . They complete your everyday look with an extra touch. I highly suggest them.
6. Trish McEvoy #30 Eye Blending Brush – Simple brush that can be used for cream or powder products.
7. Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Complexion Brush – Love this multitasking synthetic brush. Both sides are flat and easy to use in small parts of the face. Great precision when using concealers or contouring like a pro.
8. Laura Mercier Caviar Stick in Au Naturel– Great matte shadow stick that can be used as a liner too. Long lasting and water resistant. Love the neutral tone of this shadow.
9. Charlotte Tilbury JK Magic + Gloss – I love products that I can use in multiple ways. When I’m in a pinch I use lipstick as blush especially in neutral shades that are flattering. Just think our grandmothers and mothers have been doing this for years. This lipstick is the perfect pink creamy matte satin named after J.K. Rowling.
10 Trish McEvoy Lash Curling Tubular Mascara – this mascara is one favorite I never run out of. It’s tubular and easily removed with warm water. I use this on my bottom lashes to create fullness.
I hope you found my list useful and packing like a pro will be easier. Traveling light is a great way to simplify your space and gives you time to enjoy your surroundings while on vacation.
Thanks for reading my blog, lets collaborate on a future blog post.