As women and men, a flawless complexion is something we strive for. Finding the perfect lightweight make-up foundation is a struggle especially one that delivers a flawless finish. Growing up I never wore foundation, what I do remember while in high school many girls wore heavy foundation that was also 2 shades darker. Times have changed and traditional “make-up base” is not what it used to be. Many trendy brands changed the texture, ingredients and overall finish. We want that JLo glow and instagram filtered look with our foundation. Here are my suggestions on getting that look.
Many of these suggested brands I high recommend as I use most on my myself and clients. The finished look is flawless and completely traceless , these truly are lightweight make-up foundation you have to try.
How to identify the perfect shade of foundation?
Cool – pink and blue undertone ( burn easily in the sun)
Neutral – mix of cool and warm (tan easily, sometimes burning in the sun)
Warm – Golden and red undertones (gets dark in sun and rarely burns)
5 LIGHTWEIGHT MAKE-UP FOUNDATIONS I’M OBSESSED WITH.
1.Charlotte Tilbury Light Wonder Foundation $46.00-Light and airy foundation perfect for normal to combo skin. Natural look with youth boosting glow. This is my go-to!
2. Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation SPF 15 $50.00-Beautiful finish and perfect for normal to oily skin. Extremely natural and perfect for daily and special occasion.
3. Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk $64.00-Great for all skin types. Formulated with an exclusive Micro-Fil technology to sculpt and brighten the skin while blurring imperfections.
4. Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Foundation $50.00-Water weight foundation where a little goes a long way. The foundation delivers an angelic glow.
5. Tom Ford Soleil Flawless Glow Foundation $88.00- Lightweight gel-serum foundation that gives the perfect glow without shine. this foundation helps protect from UV rays and pollution. Perfect for those summer days to nights.
Primers to try
These are a few of my favorite primers under foundation. Why use a primer, well its the barrier between your moisturizer and foundation. each primer works differently targeting concerns with ones complexion. One primer that is not available now due to reformulation is by La Mer, its called the perfecting treatment. My skin looks and feels amazing after I use it.
- Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Filter $44.00-rays of sunshine, great foundation enhancer that gives a beautiful dewy glow. I sometimes wear this alone with concealor.
- Christian Dior Capture Totale Dreamskin care & perfect global age- defying emulsion $150.00-Not only is this the perfect primer, its a treatment that helps with redness, pores, dryness and wrinkles.
- MAC Strobe Cream $35.00-Boosts dull, flat and tired looking skin with green tea and other vitamins. I mix little with my foundation for the perfect radiant finish. Goldlite is my favorite
- NARS Smooth and Protect SPF 50 $36.00-Oil-free primmer with a high SPF that protects from environmental damage. It also blurs imperfections.
- Sisley Paris Double Tenseur Moisturizing gel $192.00-Ultra light gel with a second skin like lifting and priming effect. Not only a primer bar a treatment too.
Make-Up application tools to try
The right tools when applying foundation is important. Using the wrong brush can ruin your foundation placement. You certainly can use your fingers, but finishing the look with a brush or beauty blender is suggested. As an artist (yes I went to art school), blending is key for a flawless finish. Invest in a brush, using those wedges from the drugstore is not the answer.
- Beauty Blender – Flawless make-up applicator pore-less sponge
- Trish McEvoy Wet/Dry Even Skin Brush – Double ended brush great for concealer and foundation
- La Mer The Foundation Brush – Soft foundation brush that can be used for powder or liquid foundation
- Artis elite Oval 7 brush – synth bristle brush that delivers amazing smooth finish
- Shiseido Dalya dude Face Duo Brush- gel tip used for placing foundation as the red side blends evenly.
Hoe you enjoyed this blog post, please follow me on instagram and youtube for more posts.
Let’s collaborate, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org