There are many things I’m excited this year – new blog, new dream car, and the Nordstrom NYC Flagship Store!
Sounds crazy, but this has been in the works for a LONG time! New York will finally have Nordstrom in their retail landscape. As a long-time Nordstrom employee, I’m truly proud to be part of this growing company.
Nordstrom NYC Flagship will be a woman’s store which is directly across the street from The Nordstrom Mens Store. Located at 225 West 57th Street, literally around the corner from Columbus Circle. The grand opening is October 24, 2019 kicking off with Beauty Bash at 8am!
“The iconic seven-level flagship store forms in the base of the “tallest residential building in the Western Hemisphere,” the store is one of the first new stores to open in Manhattan since the 1920s. The store will feature a stunning waveforms glass façade providing an interactive viewing experience for customers inside the store and for all from the street level. The façade will bring in natural light, connecting the shopping experience to the city. Chain-mail veils and lighting effects will allow the store to reflect the seasons and create changing moods to celebrate special events. Without boxed-in windows, the entire store is a display window to the street. Soaring 19-foot ceilings and an open, flexible floor plan allows for evolution of how we curate and display products over time as our customers change and evolve. The store environment will create a sense of discovery, allowing customers to navigate easily and find new brands they haven’t experienced before.” – Nordstrom Press Release
What to know about the new Nordstrom NYC Flagship:
- 320,000 square feet total , 7 glorious levels of shoppingMassive Beauty Cosmetics department featuring the latest brands
- Hair Salon
- Spa that includes facials and injectable services
- Departments including: clothing, accessories, shoes, children’s and home.
- Exclusive, limited-distribution and emerging brands and styles will be available, making Nordstrom a one-stop destination.
- 6 eateries including Seattle-based chefs Ethan Stowell and Tom Douglas
- 24/7 Buy Online & Pick-Up in Store
- 24/7 Express Services
- 3-Hour Same Day Delivery
- Express Return Kiosks
- Personal Stylists
- Style Boards
- Nordy Club Rewards
- Nordstrom to You
- Tailoring Services
- Free Wi-Fi
- Complimentary Gift Boxes
- Nordstrom Gift Cards
More about the Eateries
Wolf – Italian- located on the third floor, Hours of operation will extend beyond store hours.
Jeannie’s – pizza, pasta and salad restaurant located on the lower level.
Hani Pacific – Pacific Rim- inspired on the lower level.
Broadway Bar –cocktail bar
Bistro Verde – Located on the fifth floor opens in 2020.
Shoe Bar – cocktail bar located on the shoe floor
Did you know…
- Nordstrom, Inc. is based in the U.S. Founded in 1901 as a shoe store in Seattle
- Nordstrom operates 381 stores
- 248 Nordstrom Rack stores;
- 3 Jeffrey boutiques
- 6 Trunk Club clubhouses
- 3 Nordstrom Local service concepts
- Nordstrom.com, Nordstromrack.com, HauteLook.com and TrunkClub.com
Thanks for reading xo,